Monday, March 21, 2011

Must Read Monday: Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

I was a little wary when I picked up this book. Why you ask? Well because I have a horrible habit of picking up books based on how much I like the cover. I normally try to not let my unbreakable habit get the best of me but sometimes I just can't fight it. This habit that sadly I cannot break has led me to quite a few duds in the literary world. Every once in a while, though, I am pleasantly surprised. That's the case with Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. You have to admit that the image on the cover is definitely eye catching. The thing is the story is just as enrapturing as the cover. We've all seen our share of vampires and werewolves and now I guarantee you that its all about the fallen angels.

This story is about Patch and Nora. Nora is a high school student. She's fairly quiet and isn't a troublemaker. She lives on her own with her mom in a fairly old and creepy house. Her father passed away and that had a big impact on her life. Boys from her class don't really catch her eye, that is until the new student, Patch, arrives. He is the quintessential bad boy. She doesn't understand why he makes her feel the way he does and why he doesn't seem to like her. The thing is that even though she thinks that he can't stand her, he seems to show up everywhere she is. Whenever he's around weird and scary things always seem to happen to her but she just can't stay away. Turns out that Patch is a fallen angel (as if you couldn't tell from the cover right?) who is trying to become human. I'll leave the finding out of how he plans to do this to you.

Overall, this book was an easy read. I really needed to follow up my previous book with something a little less intense. This book was perfect. I loved the fact that Patch and Nora aren't the quintessential couple. I mean for the most part, even though Nora thinks Patch is cute, they don't get along at all. The majority of the book focuses on who Patch is and why he's come into Nora's world. If you are into mysteries then this book is perfect.  I definitely recommend this book for Spring Break. It won't take too long too finish and it will definitely keep you entertained.

What do you think, are Angels the next big thing? Any books you think we should read next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...