Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Trend Spotting: Birds of a Feather

Spring is in the air (yippee and finally!). Feathers, as you’ve probably seen, well, everywhere are looking to be beyond huge. Don’t get me wrong, I love a trend as much as the next girl but feathers are sometimes are little scary for me. Feathers are one of the things that can be slightly intimidating. Done correctly this trend can add a little bohemian flare to your style. Done wrong and you risk looking like poultry.


via peoplestylewatch.com
The key to using this trend the right way is subtlety. Feathers are such a statement piece in and of themselves so a simple piece can really make an outfit. I love the way that Sydney from The Daybook used these feather earrings to add a little something fun to her outfit. This look is perfect for class or a casual Friday in the office.
Via
The color on these earrings is perfect but if you are looking for something a little more dramatic then you can always add a black or silver pair of earrings.

Silver Earrings: $8.90  Peach Earrings: $8.90 Black Earrings: $8.90

The fun thing about feather is that aside from giving you a boho feel, they can also give you a luxe look. Our white feather prom dress is the perfect example.

Jessica Alba wore a similar style to her movie premiere recently and she let the dress be the focus point of the look. She kept the accessories simple because the statement piece was the dress.
via
The last way we’ve seen the feather trend pop up is on girls’ hair. I have to say that normally I wouldn’t think this would be a fashion do but after taking a gander at Emily's hair from the Daily E.Day blog I am obsessed.


via
What do you think of the feather trend? Is it something you want to try out?

6 comments:

  1. please help!
    i'm travelling to orlando- florida and some friends told me about the store.
    They told me the store was at florida mall.
    I checked the website and there are loots of dresses I want to buy.
    But I couldn't find the store in the mall website.
    do you still have the store in orlando or even a retailer? or maybe in Tampa?
    please reply to: vickysallum@hotmail.com
    thaanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Victoria!
    Happy to help! Just click on this link on our site and it'll show you what stores we have in Florida. http://www.windsorstore.com/stores_cities.aspx?state=FL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a store near me but I want to buy the feather dress. How can I do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ashley!

    Sorry about the delay in the reply. We don't get notified of comments sometimes but we're definitely here to help. What size did you need in the dress? When did you need it by? We can definitely try and help you out. Give us a call at 888-494-6376.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this white feather dress still available? I didn't see it on your site, but it's perfect for my reception! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sunny!

      The dress you are interested in is called the "Faris - Ivory Prom Dress". It might be possible that we have it available in some of our stores. Please do not hesitate to give us a call at 888.494.6376 so that our customer service representatives can further assist you. Thank you! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...