Monday, June 13, 2011

Must Read Monday: Angel Burn by L.A Weatherly

via Amazon

I came across this book title through Seventeen magazine. Now, I don't know about you but Seventeen is a magazine that has never steered me wrong so of course I am going to take their advice on books. I'm glad I did. This is definitely a different take on the ever present Angel books.

What It's About:
Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly is a book about angels but not in the sense that your're used to. In this story Angels are actually the bad guys. The story centers around Willow and Alex. Willow is a girl that has had her share of bad luck. She isn't the quintessential girl. She has to be extremely self-sufficient because of her mom's illness. She does have a psychic gift and although it should be a huge part of the story, her gift is just a small part of who she is and who she is becoming. After doing a reading for a classmate she realizes that something weird is going on. Of course as soon as she starts thinking something's up a guy, Alex, walks into the picture. Alex is an angel killer who has been sent to "take care" of Willow. Now, without revealing too much of the story, this is around the time that some events lead to Alex taking Willow instead of killing her. It is after him taking her that the real story begins.

Why You Should Read It:
The fact that the story is actually a twist on the over saturated angel genre is enough for me to recommend this book. This is the first book in a trilogy so you're definitely not left with a completely satisfying conclusion but the story is definitely worth the read. There is a love story but really the main thing about this book that I really liked was the fact that you're learning about Willow at the same time she is. I am not fond of books where you feel like you are trying to catch up to what the characters already know. Alex and Willow are both learning about this whole other world at the same time the reader is. I love the idea of angels not being completely good or completely evil. This is definitely a quick read. I don't mean that it's short it's just a book that you'll find a hard time putting down because you want to know what happens. About the only thing bad that I found with this book is the fact that I have to wait until October to find out what happens next. Patience is not a virtue I possess my friends. If you pick it up tell me your thoughts in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...