Monday, June 27, 2011

Must Read Monday: Cross My Heart by Katie Klein


Boy oh boy was this a good book! I was totally not expecting the ending! Cross My Heart definitely makes it to my list of top 10 books and believe you me, that is not an easily accomplished feat. This book was a double treat, at least for me, because not only was it REALLY good it also introduced me to a new author, Katie Klein. As I had mentioned a few posts ago, I am trying to make a conscious effort to stray from my normally loved authors and find new and up and coming authors.

What It's About:
Cross My Heart by Katie Klein is a book that centers around Jaden McEntyre, a high school senior with a type A personality and Parker Whalen, the quintessential bad boy who of course she has the pleasure of being paired up with. Jaden is focused and determined to get into Harvard while Parker's reputation for being a trouble maker precedes him.
As they work together on their project, Jaden starts to realize that everything she thought she knew about Parker was not even close. There is a big secret Parker is hiding and Jaden knows that she needs to find out. She starts ditching her boyfriend and doing things out of the norm for her in order to get to know Parker but what he's hiding you can't even imagine.

Why You Should Buy It:
I know, I know, "Ugh, great, another book about the good girl that falls in love with the bad boy. Gimme a break!" Wrong, my dearest friends. This book is SO not what you're expecting. I'll have to be honest and tell you that when I first started reading it I was a little iffy about it because I thought the same thing. I ended up continuing to read the book because the writing is so good but boy was I ever pleasantly surprised at how good this book is! I couldn't put it down! I love the relationship that builds within Jaden and Parker and I love the interaction between the characters. I loved the fact that these characters' interactions seemed legitimate. There is no paranormal romance going on here or some intense unrealistic situations. In fact alot of the things that the characters go through are very relatable for students both in High School and in College. I love the issues of trying to figure out who you are, who you want to be and how to combine that with the person your friends and family think you are. This is definitely a book worth your time and the fact that you can download it to your Kindle or your computer for $3.99 is ah-mazing!

I guarantee that if you download this book you won't regret it! If you do buy it let me know if you agree with my review. I want to hear your thoughts. Any books I should review next let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...