Monday, June 6, 2011

Must WATCH Monday: X-Men First Class


It wouldn't be Summer without some blockbusters hitting theaters. We took a break from Must Read Monday because we just saw X-Men: First Class and we loved it. I have to admit that I didn't know what to expect from this movie since I wasn't exactly thrilled with the last one. However, I couldn't help but want to see it. First, because the X-men franchise is classic and secondly, the actors in this movie are all fantastic in their own right.


What It's About:
The title of the movie sort of gives away the main focus of the story which is the first X-Men and how they came to be known as that. The story follows Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr and how they came to be friends. In case you didn't know before Magneto and Professor X were enemies they were friends. The story also centers around the first mutants to join the fight and around the cataclysmic events that forced the division among mutants.


Why You Should Watch it:
The actors. I  have to admit that, while I am a fan of most of the actors in this movie, I wasn't sure what to expect without some of the people I've come to associate with the franchise (hello Hugh Jackman and the bald Patric Stewart!) I mean who knew Professor X had hair! I was, however, very pleasantly surprised. The actors actually fit their respective roles perfectly and I am taking a risk by saying that this might just be one of the best X-Men movies in the franchise. While it doesn't give you as much bang for your back as the other movies, it definitely doesn't disappoint. Don't be afraid though this movie definitely has some pretty great fight scenes.  This is a great starting off point for this franchise and I think that they did a great job of reviving a story I thought was all played out. There are some pretty well done cameos too but I won't spoil them for you. You'll have to see for yourself. 
If you go see this movie for only one thing, go see it for Michael Fassbender. He absolutely KILLS in the role of a young Magneto. I dare to say that in spite of his role as a villain, I sincerely feel for  him and realize that he was just a victim of circumstance.


If you go see it please let me know what you thought of the movie. I'd love to hear your feedback!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...