Monday, July 18, 2011

Must Read Monday: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire



Well I think I've done it. I think I found my favorite book for the Summer. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire is definitely one of those books that you find yourself unable to put down. Truthfully I wasn't sure what to expect from this book. It was an impulse buy from a suggestion on a previous purchase and being that the price was under $5  I figured what the heck. Man oh man am I glad I bought this book!!

What It's About:
The book centers around Abby and Travis. Abby is a reformed girl who has moved away for college. She wants to get away from her dad and the life she had before. She goes to college thinking her life is going one way until she meets the proverbial college bad boy. Every college has him and you can't help but like him right? This is the case of Travis, the bad boy who refuses to settle down. Aside from the fact that he's the walking one night stand, he is also involved in underground fighting. His whole life is turned upside down after he meets Abby though. Abby wants nothing to do with him and this of course cause Travis to want her even more. The book also includes America and Shepley, Abby's friend and Travis' cousin respectively

Why You Should Read It:
This book is so fantastic! I guarantee you that you will not want to put it down. The premise of the book is slightly different because it actually centers around college students. It actually does a remarkable job of painting a college students' life (you know aside from the illegal underground fighting). I love the relationships and interactions between the four main characters and I loved the fact that I could totally see everything happening as I read the words if that makes sense.  It was such a fun read for me because it really did do a good job of painting college life. College is a time for you to grow up and turn into the person you will become. The experiences in college, more than high school, in my opinion, shape the person you are. College is a time where you learn to take care of yourself without your parents and without a safety net. You learn to make decisions on your own that will ultimately shape your life. From something as measly as not skipping class to the person that you date, the college years are really the formative years. 'Beautiful Disaster' does such a great job of showing you what college can be like. It's a time where you meet the best friends you'll have for the rest of your life, you learn to trust yourself and you realize that life will really be ok.

As promised Jamie McGuire is a new author and her books are beyond affordable. Trust me on this YOU WILL LOVE THIS BOOK! Go buy it right now and come back and tell me if I was wrong about this book. Seriously go right now and download it. You can totally read it on your computer no Kindle required. My only qualm with this book is that there may not be a sequel. The book ends perfectly but I was so invested int he characters that I want to see what happens to them after that ending. Now on to wishing they make this book into a movie and picking my dream cast. Travis is between Max Irons or Alex Pettyfer. Ah those British boys....

via google.com
If you read come back and tell me who you would cast.
   
**After you guys suggested Channing Tatum I had to add this picture in because I think you guys are spot on.

7 comments:

  1. I would cast Channing Tatum as Travis! :)
    This book has definitely become one of my all time favorites! I read the book twice in one month after trying other books in between...they just didn't add up so I re-read BD! I also read her oter YA books and was also pleased, but BD is by far the best I have read in a long time! -Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. ITA, Channing Tatum is who is was picturing when I read BD. Love, love, love the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I think I'm on a British boy kick because of Harry Potter lol but Channing Tatum just bumped the Brits out. You both are so right! I can totally see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish more authors would write more books as awesome as Beautiful Disaster's plot! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also thought of Channing Tatum. He would be perfect for this role if it ever makes it to film one day. I'm having a hard time trying to cast the other roles........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Minka Kelly-Abby
    Amanda Seyfried-America
    Channing Tatum-Travis
    ?????-Jury's out on Shep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm mmmm NICHOLAS LEMONS for Travis all the way.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...