Tuesday, July 5, 2011

On Trend Tuesday: Color Spotting at IMATS 2011


One of the fun things about the job I have is that I get to go to cool events to scope out trends that are hitting the scene in a pretty major way. Although we are starting to foray into the world of make-up we still have a long way to go before we get to where we want to be. While make-up is something we're dabbling in, clothing will always be our first love and nothing will ever take its #1 spot for us. The main idea for going to this event is to see what's trending with the savviest of girls.


As far as I could tell the main thing trending at IMATS was color. Yes, I know that this was a make-up convention and therefore color was a given but the thing is that I didn't expect as bright a color palette as there was. Especially since I think of IMATS as the preview for Fall make-up you know?


I was also very surprised at the amount of hair accessories that were present. I have to say that I myself bit the bullet and totally fell for the feather trend. I loved the fact that there were temporary headbands available for those that had a little commitment phobia when it came to the feather trend.




One of my favorite things to see at IMATS is the special effects make-up. Let me just tell you that those are some serious artists there. It takes alot of patience and alot of commitment to do the work they do (did I mention how hot it was in there?!) Try sitting there getting full body make-up done in not so fun weather. That's commitment people! Check out some of these looks. Pretty insane no?








It was such a whirlwind going to IMATs but it was so much fun! I wish I would have had more time to meet up with some of the gurus that I love but there were so many people there and so many booths to visit! I really recommend going if you get a chance. First, you'll get to see all the fun make-up before anyone else and second you'll score some major deals and freebies. Plus the people you meet there are just about the nicest ones you'll ever meet!

Now how do I interpret the trends I saw at IMATs. Easy, use lots of colors and of course feathers!

Red Pants//Blue Pants


Coral Skirt//Neon Pink Skirt//Yellow Skirt//Orange Skirt

Brown Earrings//Black Earrings//Coral Earrings


Red Lipstick//Neon Lipstick//Mauve Lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...