Monday, August 8, 2011

Must Read Monday: Destiny Binds by Tammy Blackwell

Amazon: .99

As promised a while back, I am trying to read books by newer authors to help support and promote them. Self-published authors are putting themselves out there and they need all the help they can get. There are some fantastic authors out there that I cannot believe haven't exploded yet. This week I focus on Tammy Blackwell who wrote Destiny Binds.

What It's About:
As you can tell from the cover the book is about wolves. I know what you are thinking because I thought the same thing, not another wolf book! Enough with the Jacobs of the supernatural world! Let me be the first one to say that I am so glad that I didn't let my first impression of the book detract me from reading it. The book is about Scout Donovan, a girl who has no idea that she lives in a world surrounded by shifters. She's been hopelessly in love with Charlie forever, she's overprotected by her brother and has also developed a crush (while still crushing on Charlie) on the new guy, Alex. Oh and by the way her brother can't stand him. As if those weren't enough complications in life she isn't exactly on the best terms with some of her classmates and she has AP courses to deal with in school.

Why You Should Read It:
Scout is hilarious! Sarcasm is a natural reaction for me sometimes and I literally found myself laughing out loud throughout the entire book because I could totally see myself saying some of the things Scout says--i.e. "I think I broke my butt. Yep I definitely broke my butt". Mind you, this book is technically romance and supernatural drama but you'll still find yourself laughing at Scout's words. I also like that Scout isn't a damsel in distress. She's a take charge girl who's a black belt and can take care of herself. Her little sister is just as good. She might be one of my favorite characters in the book she's that good. I cannot rave enough about this book. I really hope you pick it up. Especially since its under a dollar.
The only complaint I have is that the sequel for the book won't be out until the end of the year. Tammy please hurry because I can't wait to read what happens. You left me on a such a cliffhanger!

If you pick the book up let me know how you like it. Any books I should read next?

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I love the windosr blog! Who would I contact to get advertising for my site? If you could hook me up with an email or link, that would be awesome :)

    the style projects

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...