Monday, August 29, 2011

Must Read Monday: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

via amazon

What It's About:
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White is the story of Evie. A sixteen year old girl who happens to work for the International Paranormal Containment Agency. This agency tracks down paranormal entities and contains them. They don't kill paranormals at all. Evie is a unique girl because she can see past "glamours" of the paranormals and identify them. She thinks that she is a normal girl, you know aside from the fact that she can see behind glamours, her bff is a mermaid, her ex is a tricky faerie and she's falling for a shapeshifter that is completely new to the paranormal world. It is with the assistance of all them that she is going to try and figure out who is going around killing paranormals and who the heck she is and where she comes from because if there is one thing Evie isn't it's normal.

Why Should Read It:
It's funny!! I literally found myself laughing at so many parts in the book. Evie is silly and a girly girl but she can kick butt with the best of them. Helpless she is not. The author did a wonderful job of helping the reader picture what's going on. I have to admit that I picked this e-book up (I have a Kindle) thanks to Mr. Belding (yep Saved by the Bell Mr.Belding). He tweeted about it being made into a movie, so me being the ever curious person that I am, Googled it. The summary had the words Buffy the Vampire Slayer in it so of course I had to get it. I am a HUGE Buffy fan (the show not so much the movie) so anything that compares itself to it makes me want to judge it...harshly.
I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. I loved the humor in the story and the summary was absolutely dead on. The humor is definitely reminiscent of early Buffy episodes. Evie has great comebacks and she is a girly girl like Buffy. She's a girl trying to make it in the tough, tough world of the undead while at the same time still trying to keep herself sane, maintain friendships and deal with her new crush on a guy who can look like anyone he wants. Oh yeah, did I mention she also has to deal with a crazy, stalker faerie ex-boyfriend?
Yep, I definitely recommend this. It's a light read and it'll definitely entertain you. Pick it up to read in between math and english homework when you want to decompress and laugh alot.

Any books you want me to read next? Have you read this book?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...