Monday, September 19, 2011

Must Read Monday: Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park

Amazon: $3.99

What It's About:
Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park is the story of Julie Seagle and her time at the Watkins home. Julie is a recent transplant and after having her college housing fall through she is rescued by her mother's old college roommate, Erin Watkins. After moving in she meets Erin's children, Matt and Celeste and of course the totally crush-worthy Finn. Finn isn't actually home. He is off traveling the world and she only knows of him because it is his room she is staying in. She gets to interact and fall in love with Finn through his Facebook page, his status updates and his conversations.
The thing is the longer that Julie stays at the Watkins house the more she realizes something isn't quite right. Celeste is obsessed with Finn, so much so that she actually lives her live walking around with a life-sized cardboard cut out of Finn. Matt is an reclusive MIT student who is totally sweet and devoted to his sister. After some serious events Julie finally figures out what's been going on in the Watkins home and boy oh boy does it rattle her world.

Why You Should Read It:
This book was quite a pleasant surprise for me. I wasn't expecting alot from it. I don't mean that in a bad way. I mean that I really expected this book to be a "fluffy" book if that makes sense? What I got instead is a great storyline with deep characters. There is so much to each character and I sincerely fell in love with each of them. I love their growth throughout the story and I loved the humor it had. It really was such an easy read and it is definitely a book that will leave you with a pleasant after taste. It's a feel good book that comes from a little bit of sadness. I most definitely recommend it and the price on the Kindle isn't half bad.

If you read it let me know your thoughts. I'd love to hear what you have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...