Monday, September 12, 2011

Must Read Monday: Style Diaries: World Fashion from Berlin to Tokyo

Via Amazon
You guys know that I LOVE my Kindle. I think it's the most genius invention since coffee. I have always been a bookworm and much to my parent's chagrin, I have more books than rooms to put them in. The Kindle made it easy to carry a couple of hundred books in my purse. This is most beneficial to my little brother whom I was considering evicting to make room for my books. There are books that I do HAVE to have in it's huge book format. Coffee table books are a horrible vice that I cannot do away with. This Style Diaries book is just one of the books that I had to buy in its original format.

What It's About:
Bloggers! This book is a compilation of quite a few bloggers from around the world! It's not just the ones you already know about. The book does a great job of featuring so many different people. I love the fact that the only consistent them in the book is bloggers. Their styles are totally different but they are so inspirational. 


Why You Should Buy It:
The abundance of inspiration! The fashion industry has always had a trickle down effect. Designers and celebs  used to tell us what was hot and what wasn't. Usually what they considered fashionable came at a hefty price. Not anymore, fashion is being dictated by your next door neighbor, your classmate and yes, even your mom. Fashion has become a trickle up phenomenon. Normal people with real budgets are showing high end designers how they should see fashion. There are no rules in fashion anymore. It's all about having fun with what you're wearing and just repping who you are. This book will show you that you can be absolutely fashionable with what you already have in your closet. I definitely recommend this book. I continuously use it for inspiration here in the office and even after flipping through the pages countless times I can still manage to spot something different each time.

Any bloggers that you love that we should take a look at? Who are your favs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...