Monday, November 7, 2011

Must Read Monday: Pride and Popularity by Jenni James

Amazon: $4.99

Well I guess my reading rut is over because I found a really fun book to take me out of that funk. I was actually looking for the Keira Knightley version of the Pride and Prejudice movie because my copy has suddenly disappeared (two sisters only one is in the country hmmmm wonder who might have it lol). As I was browsing this book came up in the search results. I love Jane Austen books and when I read the description I thought sure why not give it a shot.

What It's About:
Pride and Popularity by Jenni James is, as you can obviously tell, a remake of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. While many remakes of Austen classics have been flops, I was pleasantly surprised by Mrs. James book. The story centers around Chloe Elizabeth Hart and Taylor Darcy Anderson. Chloe moves to town and realizes that every single girl in her school is infatuated with Mr. Popular, Taylor. She refuses to be part of his fan club and this of course makes her all the more noticeable to Taylor. The main thing about the story is that appearances can be deceiving.

Why You Should Read It:
Most of you know the story of Pride and Prejudice so there aren't many surprises to the plot but I think Jenni James did an amazing job of updating the story and making it more relatable. She threw in some Facebook drama and of course the love complications. The cool thing is she did this without becoming overly cheesy and she managed to keep her characters real.
I'm actually pretty excited about this author. She is remaking a few of the Jane Austen classics and giving them a modern twist. She has Northanger Alibi coming out soon and she actually weaves in Edward Cullen. Can't wait for that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...