Friday, December 2, 2011

Fab Fit Friday: Go Big or Go Hungry

Sorry for the lack of post last week everyone! Thanksgiving shopping wore us out! Without further ado here we go! 


--



Sitting at the lunch table with my barbie lunch box was the ultimate in elementary school, opening a secret note from mom was always a plus too. Middle school was a little different, I switched to the brown paper sack, and was a little embarrassed with moms secret notes. During high school I was too lazy to pack a lunch, my mom thought I was too grown up to have her make my lunches, so I settled with bringing a few dollars for hot lunch. 


Now a days I like to bring the large purse with my lunch and snacks inside! One thing I never forget is my purse, so if my lunch is inside , there is no way of going hungry and being left with unhealthy choices. (take out, vending machines, staff pizza)








You want to make sure to have a purse that can hold all your personal belongings and your food without over flowing! It needs to be able to shut easily, if not you will have some smashed food! YUCK! Also a cute purse looks better than a crumbled up paper sack!








I always put my snacks and lunch in little plastic baggies. Sometimes its easier to label which is which and the times to help your hunger stay under control. For the morning snack I have fresh pineapple, Grapes, and Kiwi. For Lunch I have a Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich, Baby Carrots, Cherry Tomatoes, Pepper Jack Cheese, and Snapped Peas.












After school or after work, I am so hungry from the exhaustion of the day I go home and just raid the kitchen sometimes. In order to get the raid urge under control I have a afternoon snack I usually eat on the way home. That way when I enter the house, there is no need to go into the kitchen before dinner. I like to eat a carb snack that way I can have energy to either work out or do something fun before dinner. If taking the time to put all your food in plastic bags is hard to fit in, do it the night before. Inside the bag "Hunger Killers" is raw mixed nuts, and dried fruit. This is my go to emergency snack. If I'm so hungry Ill take a handful from this bag and munch, this is much more healthier than munching on candy, or pastries. 


Take the time to be healthy and your body will appreciate it! 


Love Taralynn!


p.s if you want Taralynn's bag picture above you can get it here.


If you want more awesome tips from Taralynn make sure to follow her blog Undressed Skeleton on Tumblr and on Twitter.

1 comment:

  1. Love the purse! definitely investing in this :) great idea!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...