Monday, January 2, 2012

Must Read Monday:Top 6 Books of The Year

So for the most part I reviewed about a book a week. I read eerily fast so there were quite a few duds out there that I didn't even bother to review for you because I didn't want you to waste your money on them. I prefer to tell you about the books that I think are worth your time. This year I got my Kindle so I was able to enjoy alot of self-published books that I wouldn't have even known about. I was actually surprised when it came to picking my favorite book of the year because I wasn't able to pick just one so I here I leave you with my 6 top picks of the year (yes 6 is a random number but I warned you that I couldn't decide!). In no particular order and yes I cheated by tossing in a series or two. :


1. The Summer Series by Jenny Han:
Ok so I was late to the game on this series because I just picked it up this year and I can't believe I hadn't noticed this series before. It is a tear jerker for sure. I loved Belly, Conrad and Jeremiah. I loved the message in the stories and I loved the growth that the characters had. Their journey wasn't crazy and there weren't any werewolves or vampires but I think the love triangle between the main characters was necessary, not to keep me interested, but to show me how people can grow and how what they think they want isn't necessarily the right thing. It isn't what they                                
                                                                                             

   Another tear jerker for sure. This book set the bar for what I look for in books. What can I say about this book. I was a hot mess when I finished reading If I Stay and this book, ugh, it just poked my heart. Part of me wanted to kick Adam and the other part totally understood why he was the way he was. For a few chapters I really and I mean really hated Mia for putting Adam through all that pain but I got it in the end. Again this book is so good and I can't recommend it enough.



I just realized that two of my favorite books had music as a main character in the story. Yes, music can be a character. Where She Went and Amy & Roger both utilized music to show the journey, both metaphorically and literally, that the characters went through. I can't believe that this book was Morgan Matson's first book. I loved that the story was focused not on the relationship between Amy & Roger but on how the road trip was helping them discover who they are and where they want to be. 

Ah! Cassandra you are killing me! Argh! I hate and love and hate this series. Ok, dramatics over but if you are reading, have read or will read this series you know the feeling I am talking about! I have read all of the books that have come out and man can that lady leave you on a cliffhanger and the problem is that it takes almost a year for the next book. I mean if you read City of Fallen Angels then you know my frustration with this. It's bodes well for a reader that an author can get this much of a reaction from me but why does the enxt book have to take so long to come out. Book 6 comes out in May but the last book doesn't come out until 2013. Part of me wants it to come out faster but the other part of me gets sad when a series ends


You guys totally knew that this series was going to be on this list. It's not like I haven't raved about it enough right? This series is beyond ah-mazing and I loved the way it ended but part of me is sad that there won't be any more Peeta and Katniss stories. I loved that these books had a great message, a love story, adventure and suspense. I can't write enough to let you know how good these books are and I am just crossing my fingers that the movies do these books justice.

Oh. My. God. This book legit blew my mind. I cannot rave enough about it. I would love to tell you that I would have gladly paid more than $1 for this book but the truth is that I picked up this book by accident when I was going through a reading rut. I know right!?! How can picking this book up be an accident?! I thank my lucky stars for that accident because I hold this author solely responsible for getting me out of that rut. I have read this book a few times already. Yes, it is THAT good. Again, this book doesn't have any supernatural stories. There are no sprakly vampires or alpha wolves but it does have Travis Maddox. If you have read this book you know what I mean and if you haven't what the heck are you waiting for?!? Go right now and get it. In fact here is the link to the listing:  http://www.amazon.com/Beautiful-Disaster-ebook/dp/B0052VUNHC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310966896&sr=8-1. The book went up to $2.99 but I promise you that is the best $3 bucks you will ever spend. I cannot rave about this book enough. The only thing that can even try to top this book is the release of the story from Travis's point of view. Jamie McGuire I don't know how you do it but keep writing because if this book is one of your first forays into the literary world then I can't wait to see what you have in store for us. I just picked up her other two books so I will definitely be reviewing those as well in the upcoming weeks. For now go give Jamie and Travis some love on The Beautiful Disaster Facebook page and tell her Windsor sent you.

Alright I've told you my favorites now tell me yours. Do you agree with my picks or did I miss a book? What books should I pick up next?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...