|Taralynn's Purse in Gray is available here!|
All Natural Vegetable Soup
Now that spring is here and summer is getting closer farmers are producing the freshest vegetables and they taste amazing this time of year. I like to take advantage of the fresh produce and cook with it as much as possible. Here is my recipe for healthy vegetable soup!
- 1 Large Sweet Potato Skinned and Boiled
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 1 1/2 Garlic Clove, Minced
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 Bunch Kale (Tear into little pieces)
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Bag Mixed Beans Hydrated
- 3 Large Celery Stalks Chopped
- 3 Large Carrots Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Canned Bamboo Drained
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- After all the vegetables are sliced add to a skillet with olive oil. Cook on medium low for 10 minutes.
- Add vegetables, beans, and water to a stove pot on medium.
- Add all seasoning until your taste preference is reached.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add more salt and pepper for taste.
Recipe makes 7 Cups.
64 Calories, 14g Carbs, 7g Protein, 3g Fat Per Cup.