Health Whole Grain Blueberry Biscotti
My mom and I always have coffee at the table with a danish every time I come visit. My mom had a surprise for me last weekend! She made these wonderful Whole Grain Blueberry Biscotti! They were to die for. I dipped them in my french vanilla coffee. The perfect thing about these is that you can set them in a closed container and they will last a long time, because they are supposed to be hard. I can't wait to have a coffee get together with the girls, they will love these!
- 2 Cups Whole-Wheat Flour
- 3 Tbsp Flaxseed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup Baking Stevia
- 1 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixer combine sugar, egg whites, egg, stevia, and vanilla.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to mixer.
- Stir in fresh blueberries with a fork.
- Divide dough into three equal portions
- Roll each portion into a 6-inch long roll.
- Arrange rolls 3 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Make sure it is at a 1 inch thickness
- Bake 25-29 minutes or until firm
- Remove rolls from baking sheet and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut rolls diagonally into 30 slices about 1 inch slices.
- Cook cut slices at 300 on each side for five minutes.
- Place biscotti in a jar and let them harden for 24 hours
- Serve with tea or coffee!
Calories:60, Fat : 2g, Protein:2g, Carbohydrate: 10g Fiber: 3g
And on a separate note help us in wishing Mr. Grumples better! Tweet and follow Taralynn here and here!