Spring Has Sprung Lemon Cookies!
- 1/2 cup plain cake flour
- 3/4 cup wheat flower
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon potassium salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter , softened
- 1 1/3 cups baking stevia
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon zest , divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Heat 375 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and potassium salt.
- In an electric mixer combine butter and stevia until fluffy, add egg, lemon zest and vanilla, beat at low speed until combined, add flour mixture and continue at low speed.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes
- Roll into 1 inch balls
- Place them on baking sheet 2 1/2 inches apart
- Bake 9-11 minutes
90 CALORIE PER COOKIE, 2G FAT, 16G CARB, 1G PROTEIN,
Spring has almost sprung! I don't know about you but this time of the year I spend a little extra time shedding off those extra winter pounds to get ready for summer! I hate passing up my favorite treats though, so here is a recipe for my low calorie lemon cookies!