Monday, April 16, 2012

Must Read Monday: Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

Amazon: $3.99

Last week I reviewed Slammed by Colleen Hoover and after finishing it I downloaded the sequel. One of the benefits of having a Kindle, no lag time between must reads lol. You know that I absolutely loved that book and when I found out there was a sequel it was like woah.

This review is going to be a little different because I don't want to go into too much of what it's about because it'll spoil the first book if you haven't read it. The one spoiler I will give you is that Will and Layken are together in this book in spite of everything that happened in the first book. I mean I know the book has a bombshell pretty early on that keeps them apart but really if there's a sequel you kinda figure that they somehow got together in the end to warrant the sequel right? Anyway, this book is about how much work relationships are. The thing that I loved about this book is that by relationships I mean those between boyfriend and girlfriend, best friends, siblings, and even neighbors. Colleen Hoover did such great job of developing all of the characters and I can't say that I didn't like a single one. In fact one of my favorite characters is Kirsten; Caulder and and Kel's new friend. One my favorite quotes came from her and now everyone in the office is probably sick of me using butterfly for everything. 

I can't say enough good things about this book. It is such a rarity to find a book that deals with loss and intense subject matter without falling victim to most other literary ploys to gain a reader. There are sad and intense situations in the book but I think what I like best about this book (and there are alot of things I loved about this book) is the fact that the characters seem like they really could be your friends or that their situations resemble things that you might be going through. This book is about growing, making mistakes but not letting those mistakes and hardships define the life that you will have but definitely letting those mistakes and hardships help you become a better version of yourself.

I leave you with this and if you read come back and tell me if you get what I mean by the fact that I butterflying loved this book!

Oh and guess what according to Colleen Hoover's blog there is going to be a third book and I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...