It seems like every time I finish one party or celebrate one holiday there is another right around the corner.
Birthdays are always going on, celebrations are always being celebrated and holidays are every month. These events always have one thing in common....CAKE! Cake is sometimes irresistible and screams my name every time I walk by it. It's one of my biggest weaknesses. I'm not sure if it's the flavor or the fact that it is so pretty and colorful! This weekend is one of my closest friends birthday and she wanted a good idea for a "HEALTHY" cake. She is trying to get herself in shape for her wedding and
has been eating very clean lately. I did a couple browses and tried to find the healthiest recipes. After looking at
Pinterest (for hours...) I saw a couple different people use pineapple, melon, watermelon and apples as a cake replacement.
I thought this was an amazing idea and especially for the summer heat! This cake was super easy and faster than baking any cake!
It also only cost me around $7.00. This cake is full of protein, nutrients and healthy fats, you cant say that about most celebration cakes!
Here is my own take on the "fruit cake"
- 1 Whole Seedless Watermelon - Any size (For some reason mine had seeds but they were so tiny you couldn't tell)
- 1 12oz Container Plain Chobani Yogurt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Almond Extract
- 1 Packet Truvia
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 Cup Almonds
- Slice the watermelon into thirds cutting off the round bottom and top. (Don't forget to save tops)
- Shave your cuts with your knife to make sure they are flat
- In your Chobani container mix together yogurt, almond extract, vanilla extract, truvia and pudding mix
- Place your watermelon on top of plate or cake stand. Spread yogurt mixture on top of watermelon evenly. You will want to lay it on thick or it will slide off.
- Place almonds around the outside of the cake
- Take the tops of your watermelons and make thin slices for cutting out shapes.
- Cute out shapes with small cookie cutters.
Website Blog: http://www.undressedskeleton.
Website : www.taralynnmcnitt.com