Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Lauren's College Confessions

So a few of our favorite girls headed out to high school and college this year and since we already know they give great advice we asked them to give us a little look into their lives in school. First up is Lauren of LoLuFullyLoaded and Love Lauren Elizabeth. Make sure to check out her blog and YouTube for some awesome tips!




Going from a big bad senior to a little freshman again isn't the easiest thing in the world. Senior year was so fun but I could not wait to begin college. The college I attend is in Chicago and my parents live about 30min away. Therefore, this wasn't the biggest transition for me but still exciting and new. Going to school in a big city as opposed to a campus school has it's big differences. I get to walk around the city of Chicago everyday and have all my favorite stores right around me! It's pretty awesome to say the least. However, it also can be tough. I've only been at school for about 3 weeks and have had trouble making friends. At campus schools everyone just goes out together and there's so much to do. In the city it's a little more restricted. I definitely don't regret going to school in Chicago I just have to branch out a little! Living in a dorm is also very new to me. I always had my own comfortably big room, bathroom, and closet all to myself. I am very neat and organized as well. Moving into a apartment style dorm with four other girls has been a wake up call to say the least. It's a totally fun experience and I'm glad I did it, but I don't think I could do this my whole life! Decorating my part of the room was super fun though. Going to stores like Target where everything is affordable made decorating so easy. I definitely gave my place some of my own personal style. But the best part so far about college is wearing all my cute clothes! I went to a private school and always had to wear a uniform. Now I'm free to express myself through my clothing everyday! It's so fun choosing different looks for each day. I definitely recommend bringing clothing that is comfortable but still cute. Don't get me wrong, I love sweat pants and hoodies. But when it comes to walking around in the city, looking stylish is just so much more fun! While homework is getting tough and making friends is challenging, college is such a great experience. If you're in college what questions do you have about getting settled in?





1 comment:

  1. I don't have any questions about settling into college but I just moved to chicago as an aupair and I am loving it so far however I am having trouble meeting people! i am a long time subscriber to your youtube channel, and i have to say you have inspired me to dress how i want and to just be myself!!!! before you i would never think about putting on a loose tank skinnies and some combat boots, it was just to edgy but now i rock it everyday!!!! love love love you (so not in a creep way) would make my life if i ever ran into you!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...