Thanksgiving is in less than one week. This is the time of year we: throw on our lose pants, flowing tops and dark colors to hide our holiday splurges. You don't have to ditch the skinny jeans in order to indulge this Thanksgiving. Make smarter choices. Offer more: vegetable dishes, whole grains, and lean protein. Try to eliminate extra: butter, oils and sugar. Making your dishes healthier can take away the guilt, of going back for seconds. Here is my pie recipe, that won't put you in a sugar-induced coma.
Pie Crust Ingredients:
• 12 Low Fat Honey Whole Grain Graham Crackers
• 1 Tbsp Honey
• 2 Medium Bananas
1. Break graham crackers into little pieces. Add to electric mixer.
2. Mash bananas with a fork. Add to electric mixer with graham crackers.
3. Add honey
4. Mix on low speed for 3 minutes.
5. Slowly, increase speed until ingredients form a dough texture.
6. Use 3/4 of the dough for the bottom of the pie. Save the rest for edges.
7. Spray pie pan with cooking spray.
8. Add dough to the center of the pan. Start at the center and spread the dough out with fingertips.
Now, this is the easy part. I found a can of no sugar added blueberry pie filling. I added two cups of filling to the pie crust. The can is much cheaper and easier to use.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until pie crust is lightly brown.
Nutrition: 177 Calories, 4g Fat, 2.3g Protein, 22g Sugar, 33g Carbs, 4g Fiber
Have a healthy and happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Make sure to follow Taralynn on Twitter, Tumblr and Facebook for more awesome tips!