Your choice of garment (can be anything you want, preferably in white)
Liquid Dye (any color(s) of your choice)
- The design on your garment will depend on how you tie it with the rubber bands. For a very simple design, you can tie rubber bands horizontally across the garment. Lay it flat and roll it as tightly as possible. Add rubber bands along the length.
- Fill large bowls/buckets with water, for best results use hot water. These will be your dye baths. Make sure to wear rubber gloves before handling the dye.
- Add the dye to your dye bath. (Make sure to read the instructions that come with your dye for any specific instructions.)
- Immerse a portion of your garment for about 4-7 minutes. Remove when the color gets a little darker than desired. Rinse, and then repeat for the next color.
- Remove garment from dye bath and rinse until water runs clear. Remove the rubber bands from your garment.
- Wash your garment in warm water with mild detergent. Hang to dry.
- Enjoy your Tie Dye Garment!
Image Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/weavingmajor/5003067434/