Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Trend Report: The Skort featuring Alina from The Hyperbalist!

Top//Skort//Shoes-Alina's Own



Skorts - particularly white skorts - are such a huge trend right now. I can't scroll through my instagram feed without seeing them everywhere, but I particularly love the Windsor Store version because it's so textural / dynamic. I've seen a few that look flat from the front, but this baby plays visual tricks on you with its awesome geometric folds.

Labor Day is this weekend, and you know what they say about it being your last hurrah to wear white. Though I have never abided by the rule and it's almost universally accepted as out of date, it's still the perfect occasion to wear your crispest white separate as though it's your last chance. And it is one of your last chances to really bare skin and embrace an All-American nautical summer look, so I paired my skort with a blue-and-white striped crop top that has the cutest little pin tucks for a tailored, preppy, "going-out-on-a-boat-ride" look. Since obviously I ride boats in Mary Jane heels too. 

Hope you have a relaxing, restful, Labor Day weekend, ideally in a chic skort!

 Make sure to check out Alina on her blog, Twitter and Instagram!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...