Thursday, September 19, 2013

Fashion Week Recap from Alina of The Hyperbalist!

Well, fashion week came and went, and we all survived somehow. I caught the tail end, which was probably a good thing considering how tiring it can be! Luckily I was staying two blocks from Lincoln Center - a magical thing when you're teetering around in impractical heels : /  

My fashion bff and photog friend Cheralee Lyle (http://misslylestyle.com) accompanied me to Lincoln Center to snap my favorite looks - and WOW was there good eye candy. There is seriously no time of year when the visual stimulation is as mindblowing. It's fashion Christmas. 

Here are my top 10 favorite street style looks!!


A kimono has never looked so cool. This girl was so effortless, and red, white, and blue is probably my favorite combination of colors that exists. A+ outfit. 


I mean she's in electric citron and the sickest boots ever. With red lips and braids. Hashtag- YES. 


Don't have the words for how amazing these shoes are, on the adorable blogger Erica of LP Fashion Philosophy. I NEED them! (http://lpfashionphilosophy.blogspot.com). Also I can't even with her white toes, it works so perfectly with the sort of iridescent rainbow snakeskin hue of the shoes. White nail polish is ALWAYS a good idea. 


This woman was beyond beautiful. The hair, the sunglasses, and the stunning cut and movement of her dress. I died. I loved her pretty pink pout too. 


I just really loved this woman's deep red lips and simple pulled back hair. She had the classssic je ne sais quoi. I'd bet she was French if I had to guess...


These friends had really cool style. I love the fact that the gal on the left paired leopard pants with cage heels with a graphic concert tee (Alice Cooper to be exact) with chambray with a hat, and it WORKED. Also I can't rock hats so I love anyone who looks good in a hat by proxy. Her friend was cute in a cropped denim vest and dress that showcased her thigh tats. #respect. 


THAT SKIRT. IT'S EMERALD. AND ALL STIFF-PUFFY AND GORGEOUS AND AMAZING. A simply gorgeous piece.


A PLAID SHIFT!!!! I am addicted to plaid this season. I loved this because it's a plaid in very unusual colors (I actually don't think I've ever seen a plaid that looks like this), and she styled it perfectly with those ankle strap pointy toed pumps and giant gold watch. Bravo. 


Two words: Tulle and Lace. 
AND A THIRD: SHEER PANELING! YES!!!!



This girl was radiant, and I love her sort of leather track-esque shorts and burgundy boots. She's like...90's meets Athletica meets polished prep. Pretty cool!

Make sure to check out Alina on her blog, Twitter and Instagram!

1 comment:

  1. I need to find out where that emerald skirt is from!!!

    XO Katie
    allglammedupstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...