Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Mel's Munchies: Pizza Crescent Rolls



I don’t know about you but I LOVE pizza! This is a little something I threw together using a few ingredients I already had in my refrigerator. It’s the perfect snack or an easy appetizer! A great idea for Superbowl Sunday!

You’ll need: approximately 1 cup of Marinara sauce, 1 package of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, Parmesan cheese for sprinkling, and either sliced or grated cheese. I used sliced cheddar cheese but you can use your favorite type of cheese! Makes 8 pizza rolls.


First, spray a cookie sheet with a little non-stick spray and pre-heat the oven to 375°.

Open the crescent rolls, and spread them out onto a flat surface. I used a cutting board.


Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce to each triangle of dough (crescent roll) until evenly distributed. Don’t add to much because it will get messy when you roll them up!



Add an even layer of cheese to each roll. I used sliced cheese so I broke it up into pieces.


Next, roll up each crescent roll. Start from the larger end of the triangle, and roll it up to the tip. It might get a little messy! You can just wipe of the excess that might spill over.



Place each roll onto the cookie sheet. Sprinkle each with parmesan cheese.



Bake as directed on the Crescent Roll packaging, usually 10-15 minutes. You may need to add a few extra minutes to ensure the dough is fully cooked. All the ooey gooey fillings can cause it to take a little longer.


I recommend eating these right out of the oven so they’re nice and warm (but don’t burn yourself)! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...