Coachella 2013 was the first time Windsor attended this awesome event. We had a blast and met a ton of fun people and we have some tips for you! We'll be at Coachella 2014 as well and we have some fun things coming up so make sure you follow our Instagram to see what we're up to! Below are some things we thought might be good for you to know:
- Drink TONS of water
- Put on sunscreen/sunblock religiously. Nothing can ruin your fun like a massive sun burn
- You can only bring empty water bottles into the venue. Leave your Red Bulls and other drinks at home unless you can chug them in seconds
- Bring comfy shoes. Yes, you want to look cute in your outfit but there is ALOT of walking around in dirt so if you are wearing sandals make sure you know what to expect. Lots of stepped on toes. Boots or slip ons are going to be my footwear of choice but I'll probably bring these as well. I am a Windsor girl after all ;)
- Bring a simple thin scarf. It fits nicely into a small bag and it can keep you warm since it does cool at night. Last year walking back to the shuttles to go home kicked up alot of dirt and the scarf helped filter some of that dirt.
- Bring sunnies and a hat. The sun can be brutal.
- Some people recommend backpacks but I prefer a cross body because it's not as in your way when you're running around or dancing. I am excited about the pseudo fanny packs we just got in!
- Save your phone battery and limit your social media usage. Yes, it's cool to have some Instagram shots but reception is beyond spotty and it kills your phone plus you're there to have fun and watch awesome sets and not your phone screen. Post sparingly. You don't want to be spammy
- Have a set meeting place with your friends just in case you get separated AND your phone does die
- Bring cash. ATM fees suck and losing a few dollars is better than worrying about losing your credit card and unauthorized charges.
- Be warned the porta potties run out of TP so stashing some in your purse may be geeky but it can be a life saver
- If you're legal and are going to drink save it for later in the day. The heat and beer do not make a good combo. Plus you'll have to drink IN the beer garden which is away from the stages and you don't want to miss the fun. Stay hydrated!
- Know the acts you know you don't want to miss because, sadly, you will miss some acts
- Know that you will have a pretty long wait at the first checkpoint. Just chill and don't get grumpy. Know that you're in for a blast
- There's a little bar place inside with AC. Just in case you need a heat break.
- Did we mention drink lots of water?
Need some more tips? Check out the FAQs from Coachella.com