Friday, April 25, 2014

FFF: Blackberry Banana Roll Ups!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I had a great run today! I am finally getting used to these hills and my heel is starting to get better. I've been icing it everyday and elevating it when I can. Fueling back up after a run is important! The foods you fuel it with should be clean and beneficial for the recovery process!
Here is one of my favorite post workout snacks!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
All you need is...
*1 medium banana, *1 1/2 tablespoons of almond butter, *fresh blackberries, *1 wholegrain 90 calorie flatbread. If you don't have flatbreads, use a tortilla! You can switch the fruit up too. Cherries, strawberries and raspberries all work great!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Spread the almond butter evenly onto the flatbread.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Place the bananas and the blackberries towards the end of the wrap.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Roll the wrap tightly around the banana and the blackberries.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Flip the wrap over so the edges are on the bottom before cutting.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Cut the wrap into six roll ups!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I like to make these before my run and put them in the refrigerator. They are delicious cold!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Not only is this a great post or pre workout fuel, it's a great breakfast or snack!

What is your favorite post workout snack?

Make sure to check out SimplyTaralynn.com for more awesome-ness!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...