Friday, April 25, 2014

Style Council: My Online Dating Experience - Pt. 2

by Amy C.

For those of you who don't remember me, or never heard of me before, read Pt.1 of my dating adventures.


So I've only been online dating for a little over a month now, but I feel like in that month I really gained a lot of experience in the world of online dating. So naturally I thought I would share some quick tips I've picked up just in case any readers have been inspired by my dating adventures.

So here are some quick do's and don'ts of online dating.

DO
Be open to the possibility of finding love. If you don't go in with a positive mind set you are setting yourself up to fail.

DON'T
Don't say yes to everyone. Going through 1st date after 1st date gets tiring and discouraging quick. Make sure you're at least a little bit attracted to him on paper before meeting in person.

DO
Keep in contact with all potential suitors. Just because he hasn't asked you out immediately doesn't mean he won't in the near future.

DON'T
Don't assume your his first choice. This is online dating after all and the probability that he has another date lined up in the near future is high, just as the potential that you have another date soon should be high as well.

DO
Continue to look around and date even if you think you found a great guy. You never know who you might meet and unless you're at that part of the relationship where you talk about being exclusive keep the search going. Why not right ;)

Now obviously every situation is different so don't quote me on anything! Just remember to have fun, keep an open mind, and be smart and safe about information you give out online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...